Humanities and Beyond: Humanities Council Funding Information Session
Wed, 11/15 · 12:00 pm—1:20 pm · 16 Joseph Henry House
Do you have an “outside the box” idea for a new project or course in the humanities? How about a collaborative research or teaching idea in an emerging or underrepresented humanities field?
Join Humanities Council Chair Esther Schor (English) and Executive Director Kathleen Crown for an overview of funding opportunities offered by the Council, including Magic Grants for Innovation, Exploratory Grants in Collaborative Humanities, Team Teaching Grants, and more. Faculty who have received grants in the past will also share insights into crafting proposals, and Council staff will answer questions about the application process.
Upcoming Council Deadlines:
- Conferences and Project Co-Sponsorship (Faculty): Rolling basis
- Proposals for Reading & Working Groups: Rolling basis, a year or semester in advance
- Faculty Outreach and Community Based Grants: Rolling basis
- Graduate Conferences: September 5 for Fall 2023; January 29 for Spring 2024
- Collaborative Humanities projects: October 10 (first round); January 31 (second round)
- Team Teaching Grants: December 1
- Magic Grants: January 31