Humanities and Beyond: Humanities Council Funding Information Session
Thu, 11/17 · 12:00 pm—1:20 pm · 16 Joseph Henry House
Do you have an “outside the box” idea for a new project or course in the humanities? How about a collaborative research or teaching idea in an emerging or underrepresented humanities field?
Join Humanities Council Acting Chair Tera Hunter (History, African American Studies) and Executive Director Kathleen Crown for an overview of funding opportunities offered by the Council, including Magic Grants for Innovation, Exploratory Grants in Collaborative Humanities, Team Teaching Grants, and more. Faculty who have received grants in the past will also share insights into crafting proposals, and Council staff will answer questions about the application process.
Lunch will be served. RSVP here.
Upcoming Council Deadlines:
- Conferences & Project Co-Sponsorship (Faculty): Rolling basis
- Proposals for Reading & Working Groups: Rolling basis
- Faculty Outreach/Community Based Grants: Rolling basis
- Graduate Conferences: January 30 for Spring 2023
- Team Teaching Grants: December 1
- Exploratory Grants in Collaborative Humanities: January 31
- Magic Grants for Innovation: January 31
- Old Dominion Research Professors: February 28